You have an automatic right of appeal against conviction and / or sentence. If you lose your case or the sentence imposed is too harsh and you wish to appeal then a Notice of Appeal must be lodged within 21 days of the sentence being imposed. It will be necessary to clearly state the grounds on which you want to appeal. It is also possible to appeal ‘out of time’ but reasons will need to be shown why you did not comply with the 21-day limit.

Please contact M.A.J. Law direct to discuss your case and the merits of an appeal.If your appeal is successful, we are normally able to recover costs from Central funds.

Contact us
Fields marked with an * are required